Didit Holdings, LLC (“GFG”) is the stalking horse bidder to buy the Gawker domain out of bankruptcy, transforming it into “Gawker For Good” using the cause marketing platform running on Briefme.com to support nonprofits. GFG is excited that people like you want to make a financial contribution towards this effort (a “Contribution”). These Terms & Conditions apply solely to your Contribution, and not to any other product or service of GFG or its affiliates.
GFG and you each agree and acknowledge the following:
- All Contributions are irrevocable gifts to GFG. Your Contribution is not a charitable donation. GFG is not a charity or a non-profit, despite its participation in cause marketing.
- All Contributions are non-refundable.
- GFG may use the Contribution for any purpose in connection with GFG, including without limitation, the bid and operating GFG. Therefore, you will not have any financial or beneficial interest in GFG or any input or influence into GFG’s operations.
- If GFG is not successful in its bid for Gawker, then your Contribution will support the acquisition of an alternate domain or the marketing of Briefme.com to achieve the GFG mission.
- You may make a Contribution to GFG through the methods and platforms approved by GFG. These consist of PayPal, Stripe, Kickstarter and via check made out to Didit Holdings and mailed to our address below (the “Payment Platforms”). GFG is not responsible for the acts and practices of the Payment Platforms. You are encouraged to familiarize yourself with their terms.
- You must be a United States citizen and at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in your place of residence in order to make a Contribution.
- GFG reserves the right to reject or return any Contribution for any reason.
THIS SERVICE AND PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. GFG MAKES NO COMMITMENT OR GUARANTY REGARDING HOW THE CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE USED OR HOW GFG WILL OPERATE. IN NO EVENT WILL GFG BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT GFG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions shall be held or declared to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other part of these Terms & Conditions. The failure by us to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver of any breach of these Terms & Conditions by you, shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by us or be deemed a waiver by us of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New York, and both parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in New York County, New York for all matters.
Should you have any questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on July 6, 2018.